Goals and Learning Outcomes
Candidates, at all levels, look fondly on their candidate training experiences and often come back to the same entities for additional training. Building loyalties and friendships at all levels of government can be a valuable membership benefit of its own. It means better protection of real estate issues, individual property rights, brokerages, and the real estate profession for years to come. In addition to building relationships, opportunities exist to educate and inform local elected and appointed officials on issues that affect REALTOR® members, homeowners, and real property.
Upon completion of this training session, participants will be able to:
- Assess whether they possess the basic traits necessary to run for office.
- State (in 30 seconds) why they are running for office.
- Describe the elements necessary for developing a campaign plan and begin the planning process.
- Discuss their research needs based on their target audience and their budget estimates.
- Based on their individual campaign’s strengths, plan for the fundraising methods that can prove most effective and lucrative.
- Determine the best methods for contacting their constituents, based on voter demographics and budget.
- Analyze the electronic campaign options available and determine which, if any, will prove most effective for their outreach.
- Assess the multiple avenues to approach a GOTV plan and determine which elements would be useful to their campaign planning.
Why We Vote