FPC Meritorious Service Award
Each year, NAR recognizes two outstanding Federal Political Coordinators for their exceptional service to the National Association of REALTORS®. These recipients will be the best of the best of our FPCs, those who truly believe in and advocate on behalf of the REALTOR® Party.
Recipients of this award will meet rigorous set of criteria that will set them apart from other FPCs. They will demonstrate a strong relationship with their assigned Member of Congress and a willingness to educate Capitol Hill on issues most pressing to the real estate industry.
The criteria are as follows:
- The candidate must have served as FPC for a minimum of four consecutive years or eight total years if not consecutively serving.
- The candidate must fulfill all job duties as listed on the pledge form.
- The candidate must establish effectiveness as the representative of the REALTOR® Party and real estate issues.
- The candidate must participate in various political events in the district on behalf of their Member of Congress (e.g., set up meeting for the Member at their local association, etc.).
- The candidate must show a history of volunteering for the Member of Congress’ campaign (e.g., host a fundraiser, canvass the neighborhood, make phone calls or donate their office as a phone bank, etc.).
- The candidate should be making a personal contribution to the Member of Congress, in addition to an RPAC contribution.
- Bonus – RPAC investment history will be reviewed, but is not required to receive the award.
Each state may nominate one FPC to be considered for the award.
Questions about the Meritorious Service Award can be directed to Victoria Givens.