Government Affairs Consultation Services
Associations with or without a GAD sometimes need some additional assistance with government affairs issues. NAR has hired government affairs consultants to assist state and local association with government, legislative and advocacy related issues that affect REALTOR® associations across the country.
This service is not meant to take the place of a government affairs director. Instead, the GAD Consultation Program is designed to help existing GADs and provide a basic level of assistance to associations without a GAD presence. These consultants can help:
- Discover what NAR resources may be available for your association to achieve your local political and advocacy goals.
- Provide background on how to set up member committees to promote REALTOR® involvement in local issues.
- Act as a resource on political and real estate–related issues to help GADs find out if other REALTOR® associations across the country may have faced the same problems in the past and discover how they addressed them.
- Plan how to mount opposition or support for a proposed piece of legislation.
- Develop a plan to conduct candidate interviews for local political offices.
All of our consultants have run successful local or state REALTOR® association government affairs programs and are well-versed in the tools and resources that the REALTOR® Party provides to assist associations across the country.
For more information on this program, please CONTACT Gerry Allen at 202-383-1109 or firstname.lastname@example.org.