New AE and GAD Orientation
Newly hired Association Executives, Government Affairs Directors (GADs) and those hired to promote and manage REALTOR® Party activities (less than 18 months in their positions), are invited to attend a day-and-a-half orientation at the NAR offices in Washington, D.C. The orientation will offer an in-depth opportunity to learn:
- how REALTOR® Party tools and services for state and local associations can champion association advocacy, outreach and community issues;
- ways to reach your association’s Minimum Core Standards requirements under “advocacy;”
- how RPAC can provide you with grants and tools to help increase investments;
- how NAR Government Affairs works with state and local associations to promote the REALTOR® federal agenda;
- how NAR lobbyists and political representatives work with their state and local association counterparts;
- how NAR legislative and regulatory issues staff work with state and local associations to educate REALTORS® on the important issues facing their business;
- about NAR economic research tools and products available for you;
- effective communication methods to relay R.O.I. back to your members .
*This session is offered free of charge to new GADs and AEs (18 months or less in their positions) and provides airfare to and from the training, ground transportation to/from the airport, as well as meals on site. There will be three, scheduled orientations in 2018. Registration opens approximately 2 months prior to each session.
State and local associations should inform NAR as soon as possible when they have hired a new GAD. Please e-mail Kyle Lambert London with your new GAD's contact information for general communication purposes, as well as to be added to the orientation mailing list.
Upcoming Dates in 2018:
- Thursday and Friday, February 22 & 23
- Thursday and Friday, June 7 & 8
- Thursday and Friday, September 13 & 14