Housing Opportunity Programs for Associations
NAR has always been a leading advocate for affordable housing, supporting federal housing programs like the FHA program, Section 8 housing vouchers and the American Dream Downpayment Act. But with the growing gap between housing “haves” and “have-nots,” NAR’s leadership took the association's commitment to affordable housing a step further, and in 2002 created the Housing Opportunity Program (HOP) to encourage and facilitate greater involvement in housing opportunity by REALTORS® and REALTOR® associations.
Through the Housing Opportunity Program, REALTOR® associations can:
- Apply for funding to launch or support a housing program in your community.
- Sponsor an Employer-Assisted Housing or an Expanding Housing Opportunities class.
- Use Housing Opportunity Program Toolkits and Guides to get tips on how to run your own housing opportunity programs.
- Find housing opportunity resources specific to associations.
- Plan a forum to examine workforce housing issues in your community.
|Highlighted How-To: Conduct a Housing Fair|
A Housing Fair is an event an association can hold to bring together and make available to the public experts and vendors whose services or expertise would likely be needed at some point in the homebuying process.
Search for resources and programs for REALTORS® on Realtor.org.
Photo courtesy of the Charlotte Regional REALTOR® Association Housing Opportunity Foundation