Housing Opportunity Programs for Associations
NAR has always been a leading advocate for affordable housing. But with the growing gap between housing “haves” and “have-nots,” NAR’s leadership expanded the association's commitment to affordable housing and in 2002 created the Housing Opportunity Program (HOP) to encourage and facilitate greater involvement in housing opportunity by REALTORS® and REALTOR® associations.
Through the Housing Opportunity Program, REALTOR® associations can:
- Apply for funding to launch or support a housing program in your community.
- Sponsor an Employer-Assisted Housing or an Expanding Housing Opportunities class.
- Use Housing Opportunity Program Toolkits and Guides to get tips on how to run your own housing opportunity programs.
- Find housing opportunity resources specific to associations.
- Plan a forum to examine workforce housing issues in your community.
- Increase housing opportunities through partnerships with housing counseling organizations.
Housing Opportunity Webinar Series
NAR, in partnership with National Housing Conference, brings you a webinar series providing free, live and on-demand presentations on vital housing topics. This series of webinars is designed to educate the REALTOR® community across the country about affordable housing issues, policies and programs, and to help REALTORS® be better able to engage in the affordable housing issues in their communities.
Housing Opportunity Success Stories
State and local REALTOR® Associations are utilizing tools and resources from the Housing Opportunity Program to develop innovative approaches to address a range of affordable and workforce housing issues. Here are a few examples: