Housing Opportunity Grants
Housing Opportunity Program Grants support the efforts of state and local REALTOR® associations that are implementing affordable housing programs and initiatives. The goal of the program is to position REALTORS® as leaders in improving their communities by creating housing opportunities.
There are two levels of funding available to support activities.
- Purpose: To host an Employer-Assisted Housing (EAH) or Expanding Housing Opportunities (EHO) class or other educational activity such as a speaker who can address specific affordable housing issues impacting your community.
- Maximum grant: $1,500
- Application due date: Accepted on a rolling basis
- Level One Regulations: Please read before applying
- Application: Download here
- Purpose: To support a variety of either long-term initiatives or one-time activities that address a specific housing need in a community or state.
- Maximum grant: $5,000
- Application due dates for 2014: Applications deadlines for 2015 will be posted by December 31, 2014.
- Level Two Regulations: Please read before applying
- Application: The 2015 grant application will be available by December 31, 2014
- Funding Decisions: Review how funding decisions are made
- Tips for Success: Review tips for successfully completing the grant application
- Download examples of activities previously funded by Housing Opportunity Program Grants
- Download examples of successful applications
- Program Evaluation: Recipients must submit an evaluation upon the completion of the activity for which funds were awarded.
For further information, contact:
Manager, Housing Opportunity Program
National Association of REALTORS®
500 New Jersey Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20001