NAR’s Placemaking Initiative encourages REALTOR® associations, and their members, to engage in Placemaking in their communities. Many Placemaking activities, often referred to as Lighter, Quicker, Cheaper, are small, inexpensive, and incremental community projects. They do not need to cost a lot of money to get off the ground. Nor do they need to take a lot of time to plan and complete. But, these smaller types of Placemaking activities can often help to improve a neighborhood and make it a better place to live, work and play.
NAR’s Placemaking Micro-Grant is available to REALTOR® associations to help them plan, organize, implement and maintain these types of Placemaking activities in their communities.
We encourage you to review our Placemaking Guide before applying for a Placemaking Micro-Grant. For larger Placemaking activities, i.e., Better Block or Main Street®, that support land-use related activities, associations can apply for a Smart Growth grant.
Grant Details & Application
- Grantees: State & local REALTOR® Associations.
- Associations can be approved for 2 grants per year provided grants are for different projects.
- Funding Amounts: From $500 and up to $2,500.
- Applications Due: Accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- Types of Activities Funded: See Placemaking Examples for Micro-Grant
- Grant Application and Requirements:
- Complete the Application Form.
- Take a photo of the current space and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your application will be reviewed and staff will contact you within 10 days of receiving the application and photo.
- If approved, grantees are required to submit the following to NAR within 3 months after the project was implemented:
- Before/After Photo(s) of the project.
- Brief report of what happened (i.e. use/visits by the community; media coverage; other community projects, etc.).
- We encourage you to consider having a “ribbon cutting” ceremony or similar event and inviting the community, stakeholders and media and include that in your report.
- Disclaimer: NAR disclaims any and all responsibility related to the Association’s Placemaking project. The Association shall indemnify and hold harmless NAR, its officers, directors, employees, and agents from any and all claims, damages, losses and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, which arise in any way from the Association’s Placemaking project, including but not limited to any harm or damages that may arise.
For additional information on NAR’s Placemaking Initiative or the Placemaking Micro-Grant, contact Holly Moskerintz at email@example.com or 202-383-1157.
Why We Vote