While we know this visit to Washington, D.C is always packed and busy, we hope you find time to enjoy some favorite restaurants of your grassroots team. Our recommendations are the following.
- Art & Soul – Great comfort food in an upscale location a block away from the NAR building. (Union Station Metro stop)
- Clyde’s – with multiple locations around town, this place has something for everyone from crab cakes to burgers and can accommodate large parties without too much of a wait. We recommend the one near the NAR offices (Gallery Place/Chinatown metro stop).
- Zaytinya– This hopping Mediterranean bistro is one of Jose Andres’ most acclaimed restaurants in town and where Top Chef icon Mike Isabella got his start. Great outdoor patio and close to the NAR office building (Gallery Place Metro stop).
- Hill Country BBQ – Best BBQ in D.C. (Gallery Place/Chinatown metro stop)
- Cava – Great for small Greek plates or larger meat options. Nice neighborhood setting. (Eastern Market Metro). There are also quick stop deli versions of this restaurant at many locations around town.
- Matchbox – artisan pizza restaurant that also serves excellent burgers, salads and other dishes. A true crown pleaser in a nice space.
- Ted’s Bulletin – Comfort food. Famous for their malt milkshakes and their homemade pop tart. (Eastern Market Metro stop)
- We the Pizza – Nice casual pizza joint for a place to eat between meetings(Eastern Market Metro stop)
Near Headquarters Hotels
- Medium Rare – This steak and fries eatery is very convenient to both headquarter hotels. Nice spot for lunch or dinner.
- Umi Japanese Cuisine – Great spot for quick sushi lunch across the street from the headquarter hotels.
- District Kitchen – Everything from shrimp and grits to awesome Brussel sprouts in a casual elegant atmosphere near HQ hotels.
- Lebanese Taverna – Located less than a block from the Marriott Wardman Park and Omni Shoreham Hotels and directly across the street from the Woodley Park Metro station, this is a great spot to grab lunch between meetings.
- Open City – Tasy and affordable diner walking distance to both hotels with bright ambiance and a nice open patio space for outdoor dining.
- Ardeo/Bardeo - Perfect place to savor great wine and exquisite Modern American Cuisine (Woodley Park Metro stop).
- Uptown Tap House –This is a nice place to catch a game on one of their 20 flat screen TVs and be in a handsome atmosphere at the same time. It’s also near the headquarters hotel (Cleveland Park metro stop).
Other Areas of Town
- Churchkey – This is a nice little bar also along D.C’s booming 14th Street Corridor and has about a zillion beers on tap (McPherson Square metro stop).
- Barcelona – this is a bustling wine bar/tapas place with a nice outdoor patio at the heart of Logan Circle, along 14th Street, the busiest arts and dining scene in the nation’s capital (Columbia Heights Metro Stop).
- Baked and Wired – Great baked goods in the cute Georgetown shopping district.
Why We Vote