RPAC Legislative Priorities
- Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae Reform: NAR will work closely with the U.S. Senate to mandate strengthening regulatory oversight of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae and will advocate an increase in the GSE conforming loan limit to better serve homebuyers nationwide.
- Appraisal/Mortgage Reform: NAR will participate in the Senate debate of legislation to reform appraisal, mortgage and anti-predatory lending practices and work to ensure that persons engaged in real estate only are exempt from any proposed mortgage registration requirements.
- Flood Insurance: NAR will lobby for reform of the National Flood Insurance Program and press for the financial resources needed for FEMA’s Floodplain Map Modernization Program.
- Natural Disaster: NAR will press the Senate to address the problem of lack of available and affordable property insurance in disaster-prone areas.
- Small Business Health Coverage: NAR will encourage congress to correct the inequities in the nation’s health insurance delivery system.
Why We Vote